The best instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are rich, creamy, and easy to make. These Instant Pot mashed potatoes are ready in 20, and their taste is better than mashed potatoes. But how to make instant Pot Mashed Potatoe? The recipe So, in this post, I will tell you about instant Pot Mashed Potatoes. The mashed potato made in the Instant Pot is so creamy, fluffy, and delicious. Any one of you who are, lover of mashed potato will love these in the Instant Pot.
The fluffy, creamy, perfect potatoes take 30 minutes in the pot and are ready. I infuse them with herby butter to be rich, attractive, and accessible. I know how creamy and delicious these mashed potatoes turned out in my instant pot because I want to try mashed potatoes in my pressure cooker. After all, mashed potatoes are one of the most delicious side dishes.
Reasons Why People Love The Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- There are many reasons to love this dish.
- It is used with many dishes as a side dish, such as chicken pot pie.
- You can use russet potatoes or Yukon potatoes.
- These are very creamy, fluffy, and yummy.
- You can peel your potatoes or leave the peels.
- It is ready to serve in 30 minutes with very little work.
- Its flavor is excellent garlic herb.
- You can put the herbs you like and decide how much garlic you want.
- So make taste your own like.
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes:
Making mashed potatoes in the instant pot is just simple and easy. You will start with potatoes, about 6 medium potatoes total. Peel them, you can use them with skin, but I prefer without them. Next, slice the potatoes into large rounds. Cover them entirely in water which will be about 4-5 cups.
How to make instant pot mashed potatoes
When the potatoes are covered in the water, add ½ teaspoon of salt. The salt flavors the potatoes while they cook without being overwhelming. After that, place the lid on your instant pot. Set the valve to sealed and cook manually for 7-8 minutes. Once the timer goes off, you can quickly release the pressure from your pot. Drain the potatoes and then return them to the instant pot with the power off. Then add the remaining salt, pepper, garlic powder, butter, milk, and sour cream; the garlic powder is optional. You can mash these up with a potato masher.
Instant pot mashed potatoes recipe
- Potatoes 6 medium, Peeled and Sliced
- Water to Cover Potatoes. About 5-6 cups
- Salt Divided
- Sour Cream
- Garlic Powder
- Potato Masher
- Instant Pot
- Small Skillet
- Put your potatoes in the Instant Pot.
- Cover with about 6 cups of water for wholly covered.
- Add 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and set the valve to seal.
- Cook on the steam setting for 13 minutes.
- After the timer goes off, turn off the pot.
- Quickly release the pressure from the pot.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Check with a fork; they should tender.
- To prevent lumpy potatoes, mash them right after they are done cooking.
- Melt your butter in a large skillet.
- Put the garlic and herbs, gently cook, and infuse the butter with flavor for 11-15 minutes.
- Pull the herbs and garlic out, and reserve your flavored butter.
- Using a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon, mash the potatoes right in the Instant Pot.
- Add the garlic herb butter, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and the rest of the salt.
- Stir and combine.
- Delicious mashed potatoes are ready, Yummy!
- Serve topped with parsley or as you wish.
How to use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
If you have some leftover Mashed Potatoes, Here are a few ideas:
- Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes
- Mashed Potato Doughnuts
- Potato Rolls
- Leftover Mashed Potatoes and Gnocchi
- Everything Cheesy Potato and Egg Casserole
Sodium: 877mg | Calcium: 92mg | Vitamin C: 25.8mg | Vitamin A: 310IU | Fiber: 5g | Potassium: 963mg | Cholesterol: 26mg | Calories: 225kcal | Saturated Fat: 6g | Fat: 10g | Protein: 6g | Carbohydrates: 29g | Iron: 7.3mg| Fat 40.1g |Dietary Fiber 3.7g |Phosphorus 196.2mg
Can you make mashed potatoes in the crockpot?
Yes, you can make mashed potatoes and Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
Can the skin on the potatoes affect the taste?
The skin on the potatoes affects the taste but the smooth, creamy texture.
What can you use to mash potatoes?
You can use a potato masher or wooden spoon for mashing. You can also use an electric hand mixer if you want fluffy and smooth potatoes.
How can these warm before serving?
You can set your Instant Pot on “Keep Warm” and use it. However, avoid any potatoes sticking or burning at the bottom.