Grilling is a wonderful idea when you want to enjoy outdoor cooking, but you need a griddle. A clean griddle is easy to use and maintain. Blackstone Griddles are a leading brand name in the list of griddles; their cooking surface is made of iron and carbon, which allows you to cook different varieties of food, such as Blackstone fried rice.
But after use, you must know how to clean a Blackstone griddle that has rust. Do You have to clean your Blackstone griddle correctly to enhance its functionality and longevity? The steel will rust if you do not clean it properly and regularly seasoned. But do not worry; the cleaning process is simple and will not take much of your time. Here we give you a guide on how to clean a Blackstone griddle.
How to Clean a Blackstone Griddle?
It is very important to clean and season your griddle before you use it for the first time to remove any dust, grime, and residue that remains after the manufacturing process. The best method to clean a Blackstone griddle is by starting with the cooktop and then the exterior.
It is best to properly clean and season your griddle after each use, even after using it for the first time. The cooking surface is the main part of the grill. So, spend all your time and energy on it.
Equipment to deep clean blackstone griddle
- Non-metallic scouring pad
- Microfiber towels
- Metal scraper
- Pumice grill stone
- Heat-resistant gloves
- Dishwashing liquid
- Paper towels
- Vegetable oil
When you assemble the griddle, start with a cold surface and follow these steps before you use a new Blackstone griddle.
Mix the Cleaning Solution
First, fill a bucket with hot water, add good dishwashing liquid, and stir to mix well. Second, put dishwashing soap and a Blackstone griddle into a water-filled bucket.
Scrub the Cooking area
Dip a microfiber towel in the cleaning solution, carefully scrub the cooking area, and rinse the towel in the cleaning solution as you cover the hole surface. Use microfiber towel scrubbing Blackstone griddle with cleaning solution.
Rinse and Dry the Cooking area
After scrubbing, empty the cleaning solution from the bucket and refill it with hot water. Now you have to dip a microfiber cloth in the clean water and wash up the cooking area to rinse away. After rinsing away suds from the cooking surface of the griddle, use a dry towel to dry the grill carefully. It is better to allow the surface to air-dry before seasoning the griddle.
How to Clean a Rusty Griddle?
To clean rust off the Blackstone griddle follow these instructions carefully.
- Rust is easier to remove when the surface is hot, so turn your grill on high heat. You should wear heat-resistant gloves.
- Use a metal scraper to scrape off the corrosion, it is hard, but you should be careful to damage the metal.
- Keep in mind your grill surface is dry during this stage.
- Let the grill cool, then wipe off the scraped rust with paper towels.
- Pour 4 to 5 tablespoons of cooking oil and Scrub the oil on the top of the grille with a pumice gill stone.
- It is difficult to work across the rusted area, including the corners and sides, so you should be patient.
- Wipe off the oil and rust with paper towels.
- It will take lots of elbow grease and much more time than a well-maintained griddle.
- Season your flat-top grill with oil; it creates a protective coating against rust.
- Store your grill in a cool, dry place and protect it from humidity.
How can you Clean a Blackstone Griddle after Cooking?
- The cleaning process starts with a Cool Grill.
- Always allow the griddle to cool down completely after cooking, then clean it.
- Power turns off the Blackstone griddle to cool next to the food ingredients.
- Use a wide metal scraper or spatula to remove food particles and juices from the griddle.
- After scraping toward the drip pans, use a paper towel to clean the remaining grease on the cooking surface.
how to prevent rust on Blackstone griddle?
- Do not stuck-on food particles.
- Scrub the Surface
- Dry and Season the Griddle
- Cover the griddle surface with vegetable oil
- The griddle will need to remain high for much cleaning time to remove the rust.
- Do not add water, and keep the griddle’s surface dry.
- Cool and Wipe Away Loosened Rust
- Folded paper towel seasoning griddle with vegetable oil
- Season the Griddle Surface
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best method to clean a Blackstone griddle?
Use hot water with dishwasher soap when cleaning your Blackstone grill, even if it is new. Do not use harsh scrubbers or metallic scouring pads.
How do you clean the Blackstone griddle after use?
Allow the grill to cool down a bit after cooking, scrape off any food particles and wipe down the surface with paper towels. Season oil on the surface and store it for the next meal. Be careful there is stuck-on food on the surface; spray some water for easy cleaning.
Why is food sticking to the Blackstone griddle?
If your Blackstone griddle is not properly clean, cooking oil and burnt food particles stick to the cooking area. It all causes food to stick.
Which is the best oil to use on a Blackstone griddle?
Flaxseed is the best oil for our Blackstone for the first time because it creates a strong and durable coating.